Free Online Japanese-to-English Subtitle Translation Lesson/Sign up in time for the April 2023 Semester
Can’t participate in our Open School event? Book a one-on-one session where you can take a trial subtitling lesson and learn more about JVTA’s J-to-E Media Translation course!
Interested in learning what it takes to become a Japanese-to-English visual media translator? Come take a free trial lesson where you can learn more about JVTA’s Japanese-to-English Media Translation Course! This trial lesson is held online for those who are not able to join our Open School events.
For Open School info and dates, please click here:
▶Open School(covers both J-to-E and E-to-J, held mostly in Japanese)
In this one-on-one trial lesson, you’ll have a chance to try your hand at creating English subtitles, and learn more about the fun and challenging translation process. No previous translation experience is necessary. We recommend having at least JLPT N2 level Japanese to get the most out of the trial lesson, and the course itself.
After the subtitling trial lesson, you’ll receive a mini school orientation, which is required before signing up for our course. If you want to learn more about JVTA and our J-E translation course, you’ve come to the right place!
◆About our Japanese-English Media Translation Courses
At JVTA, you can master the skills you need to translate fun, entertainment-related content such as films, TV shows, anime, manga, online videos, and more! As of April 2020, our translation program is taught entirely online – you can participate from anywhere in the world.
For more information in English, please check out this page:
◆Schedule Your One-on-One Session
These one-on-one trial lessons are held between the hours of 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday (Japan Standard Time). Please indicate 3 dates and time frames that work for you in the form below.
E.g.: April 1 (Mon) 13:00 – 15:00 JST
◆Things to Note
– To secure a session, please book your session one week in advance.
– Please sign in early to allow for any potential connection difficulties.
◆What You Need
– PC or tablet with stable internet connection
– Webcam and microphone (Either internal or external; you will be interacting with your instructor in real time)
– Headphones are also recommended but not essential
– This trial lesson is limited to those who cannot participate in our Open School event (which include a J-E trial lesson)
– Participation is free!
– For non-native speakers of Japanese: Please note that this translation trial lesson(and our translation course) requires upper intermediate/advanced Japanese ability (around JLPT N2 level or above)
To apply for a trial lesson, please sign-up below.